- In It Together: Building a Duplex So Two Families Can Live the Dream
- Before You DIY, Ask Yourself: Is This Light Fixture Safe?
- Getting a Handle On Your Front Door Hardware
- Top Ten Pinterest Home Improvement Boards for DIY-ers
- Take A Peek At More Top Ten Pinterest Home Improvement Boards
- Questions to Ask Before Starting a Major DIY Home Renovation or Addition in Hawaii
- Are You Starting a Major DIY Home Renovation Project?
As everyone already knows, we are living in a home improvement do-it-yourself era. Even those who have never held a hammer are taking small [amazon_textlink asin=’B01DV1YA3M’ text=’home improvement projects’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ownbuilddesig-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’68368c4d-9ef9-11e7-bb60-0354643137c3′] on and are doing a pretty good job. It’s also a well-known fact that Pinterest is the place to go for everything you could ever possibly want to know about almost anything. So we decided to share 10 of the most popular Pinterest boards that have to do with home improvement to get your creative juices flowing and your tools out on the table.
1. Visiting Shelley Creed’s board called Architectural Salvage is like taking a short course on how to incorporate salvaged windows, doors, and trim into the house you are building or remodeling. The pins on her board are beautiful, and the ideas you glean from her pins will inspire and intrigue you.
2. On the board Home Decor & DIY, Sarah McKenna of Bombshell Bling shares suggestions about paint, room make-overs, upcycling furniture, home offices, painting vinyl shutters, backsplash ideas, Ikea hacks, adding personality to a simple space, farmhouse finds, and more. Sarah’s board is colorful and sassy and well worth a visit.
3. Lucy, at Craftberry Bush, has 21,901 followers on her home improvement board. She includes many helpful and useful tips, such as types of molding, removing popcorn ceilings, home decor charts, and many [amazon_textlink asin=’1621452018′ text=’DIY tutorials’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ownbuilddesig-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’40e5210d-9efa-11e7-9d3f-9b8dc2fe5267′]. You will find hundreds of ideas on Lucy’s board.
4. Jenny on the Spot Home has a home improvement board that contains everything from home exterior ideas to installing barn doors. She has tutorials for picking colors for your home, bathroom design, lighting, fabrics, outdoor living areas, choosing the right fence for your home.
5. For terrific ideas on designing shelves, [amazon_textlink asin=’B008TSNHI2′ text=’stenciling tile’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ownbuilddesig-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d276b6c2-9ef9-11e7-91d2-a1aabdcd0f65′], or building a pantry between the studs in your kitchen, visit the Allred Design boards dedicated to DIY tips for your home. With 17,400 followers, Allred Design is doing something right. Their home improvement board includes how to make open pipe shelving, open, floating shelving, crown molding templates, paint a concrete floor, and other stunning projects for your new home.
6. Lauren@Bless’er House offers a truck load of advice on her “how-to” board, including her favorite “peel and stick” vinyl tiles, farmhouse window trim, and DIY feather finish concrete counter tops. She also has pins on how to paint kitchen cabinets and the cheapest and easiest DIY Board and Batten.
7. Great ideas for home design are the focus of Jacqueline Tan’s home improvement board. She shares pictures of innovative and creative improvements you can incorporate into your new house. This Amsterdam homemaker has wonderful ideas for organizing, DIY projects, gardening, and interior design.
8. Tam P offers the kind of down-to-earth tutorials a DIY homeowner will need, like how to whitewash brick and how to create ship-lap wall covering. All her boards are chock full of ideas, however, and you might just get caught in that [amazon_textlink asin=’1544741022′ text=’Pinterest rabbit hole’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ownbuilddesig-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f538920b-9ef9-11e7-8616-b1e5454078cd’] we’ve all fallen in before.
9. The Savvy Saving Couple has found ways to cut costs on almost every type of new home project. They show examples of bathroom renovations, cottage-style design ideas, and styling a small space.
10. And best of all, the DIY Network Shows has boards of its own. The pins you find will allow you to travel behind the scenes with the hosts of your favorite DIY Network television shows. Watching these videos will be like getting your Ph.D. in home improvement.
Owner Built Design, LLC of Oahu is ready to get you started on building a house or adding an addition or other home-improvement for you and your family. We will provide you with permit-ready designs and be available to you in many ways as you take on this exciting task. Call or text for more information.